Sign-Up for the Summer Reading Program Today!
Adults, Teens & Children are Welcome!
June 1- August 6
- Read 5 hours and get 1 badge and 5 raffle tickets.
- Raffle winners will be selected on August 13
- Milton Public Library In-Person Programs will be held at the gazebo in the Milton Memorial Park behind the library. Space is limited so registration is required for all in-person and virtual programs. Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing must be observed per the Town of Milton/ Milton Memorial Park request.
Tuesday, June 15, 2021 – 10:30 AM – Sign-up
- It’s Time For Slime -In this program, we will be sharing two great stories: “Go Away Big Green Monster” by Ed Emberley and “Pete The Cat And His Four Groovy Buttons” by Eric Litwin. Participants will be able to play and recreate the story in slime. Suggested ages preschool to 2nd grade.
Tuesday, June 22, 2021 – 10:30 AM – Sign-up
- Tails and Tales Animals and Stories DASEF – Get deTAILed facts about animals and their tails, create a new animal with a specialized tail, do some “ZOO-ineering” to design zoo habitats for animals with tails, and write a fictional tale about what it would be like if YOU had a tail. Suggested ages preschool and up.
Tuesday, June 29, 2021 – 10:30 AM – Sign-up
- Owls of Delmarva Abbott’s Mill – Explore the amazing and mysterious world of Owls. Meet four Delmarva residents and a special winter visitor while we read, A Snowy Owl Story. Examine the structures and adaptations while viewing mounted owl species. Actively investigate where owls live, fly and hunt as the sky grows dark. Learn to identify hoots and calls. Suggested ages preschool and up.
Tuesday, July 6, 2021 – 10:30 AM – Sign-up
- Painting with Watercolors – Come and learn some new techniques for painting with watercolors from an Art teacher, Sarah Short. All supplies will be provided for you. All ages are welcome to attend.
Tuesday, July 13, 2021 – 10:30 AM – Sign-up
- The Slime That Covered Sussex County – Come and hear a TALE of the slime on Trap Pond and Trussom Pond while sliming your own map of Sussex county. Suggested ages 3rd -6th grades.
Tuesday, July 20, 2021 – 10:30 AM – Sign-up
- Milton Public Library Pet Shop – We will be making special treats and toys for cats, dogs, and birds. Join us in this fun and interactive program. Suggested ages preschool and up.
Tuesday, July 27, 2021 – 10:30 AM – Sign-up
- Modern Pop Art Experience – New York-based pop artist and author Michael Albert has brought his Modern Art Experience to over 1,000 libraries, schools, museums, and festivals in 35 states. His unique hands-on collage workshop is great for school-age children, teens, adults, and can be done as a multi-generational event. This program is funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Delaware Division of Libraries.
Tuesday, August 3, 2021 – 10:30 AM – Sign-up
- Alphabet Lego Challenge – Each participant will be challenged to create as many creations as possible that start with the letter of the alphabet they chose. Suggested ages preschool and up.