Small Business Workshops
November & December Workshops
Locations: Bear, Dover, Georgetown, Milton, Wilmington & Woodlawn Public Libraries
- Manage & Monetize Your Small Business Data
November 1 @ 10:30 AMPresented by Reggie Ezeh of Data Value
Think that your business doesn’t have data to manage and monetize? All businesses do! Data is currently one of the most valued business assets. What does it tell you? How can you use it to your best advantage to fine tune marketing, determine pricing and select a location? Learn the essential elements of good data collection and its value to help grow your business. Review free and affordable data collection and management solutions available to small businesses.
- Powerful & Practical Ways to Market Your Business with Facebook Groups
November 8 @ 10:30 AMPresented by Brooke Miles of Delaware ShoutOut
Are you using Facebook groups as part of your business marketing strategy? If not, you may be missing out on a prime opportunity. Learn effective strategies for moderating and participating in Facebook groups to promote your business. Get tips on the best type of group for you to join or build and how to use it effectively for positive results!
- Write! Publish! Sell!
November 29 @ 10:30 AMPresented by Lois Hoffman of The Happy Self-Publisher
Whether you want to write a book to start your career as a writer or as a creative hobby, find out how YOU can self-publish a book and sell it online on sites such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble. This course will take you on a tour of writing, editing, pricing, publishing, and marketing your book, plus a whole lot more. You will leave with a solid understanding of the self-publishing industry and how you and your book fit in.
- November 15: There will be no workshop, but please join the Delaware Libraries at the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce’s Women’s Leadership Conference.
- November 22: All libraries are closed. Please enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends.
Start Strong in 2019: How to Prosper in the First 90 Days
December 13 @ 10:30 AM
Presented by Donna Duffy CEO/Founder of 3E Marketing Solutions & Creator of Sage Success Studio
This workshop will focus on six key, strategic areas to accelerate your business growth in the New Year!
- Process/Productivity: How to create aligned workflows?
- Prospects/Partners: Who to attract?
- Promotions/Packages: What to offer?
- Problems: How to pre-think possible problems?
- Projections: How to forecast your revenue?
- Potential: How to be prepared for opportunities?
This fast-paced workshop will help you frame up the first 90 days and provide a roadmap to follow for the rest of the year.
Establishing Business Credit to Grow Your Business
December 20 @ 10:30 AM
Presented by Levar Haffoney of Fayohne Advisors, LLC
Accessing capital and credit are critical for business growth. From the startup phase through operating and expansion, building a strong business credit profile is essential to accomplishing your goals.
- December 6: There will be no workshop due to a statewide library meeting.
December 27: There will be no workshop due to the holiday week.
Please be respectful of the presenter by being on time at 10:30 AM.
Questions? Email Janet Wurtzel